This is so going on Facebook: a Darcy Lewis Rec Post
So everythingismusical is a terrible, terrible enabler and also I promised her Darcy Lewis fic recs ages ago, so I’m finally keeping my promise. This one’s gonna be slightly different than my usual rec posts, as it’s focused on a character rather than a pairing.
Hope you like, girl. :)
- Sigyn (binding is not punishment) AO3 by Aria
Darcy thinks of the sharp curve of Loki’s smile, of his long pale fingers and his eyes like chips of ice. Some things are much more amazing and important than photosynthesis and YouTube and the ability to eat a whole box of Pop Tarts. [Part 1 of the Darcy cycle]
- Ragnarok (release tips the balance) AO3 by Aria
A long time ago, when they were locked away, Loki promised they would escape at the end of the world. [Part 2 of the Darcy cycle]
- Blue AO3 | FFN by startrekfanwriter *
Post Avengers. Whenever Loki shows up it means that Darcy’s life is in flux. That doesn’t mean she’s unhappy to see him. [Warning: mature themes]
- Funny That Way FFN by LuvaGoodMrE *
Tony Stark had long ago accepted that his life was weird. Charmed and amazing – often terrifying – but weird. Still, this took the cake. It’s not every day that he loaned out a guest room to a funny girl who got herself knocked up by the God of Mischief. [Warning: mature themes]
*I have not personally read these fics, but they have been recced to me
- Compelling Distraction AO3 by eli
"Oh my god, SHIELD sent us Robin Hood."
- Emotion in Motion LJ by smittywing
Darcy’s a virgin. It’s not a big deal or anything. She just hadn’t met anyone worthy of being a first time. This guy Clint, well, he takes anything as a challenge. [Warning: sex]
- Even a Miracle Needs a Hand AO3 | LJ | DW by victoria_p
When Darcy takes Clint home for the holidays as her fake boyfriend, he charms his way into the family, and into her
- Gift of Asylum AO3 by carleton97 & Sister_Wolf
The story of how Darcy Lewis accidentally helps found the Avengers while having an epic, failboaty romance with that dude she nailed in a bar two years ago. Tasers, jackbooted thugs, Tony Stark, and life-altering job offers are par for the course when you help discover an alien/god dude with amazing pecs. [Warning: sex]
- Having a Bit of a Day, Here AO3 by kellifer_fic
Where Darcy gets a super power, kind of, sorta. Geez, she’s just having a bit of a weird week, alright?
- I Give You Love, Baby, Not Romance AO3 | LJ | DW by victoria_p
Clint thinks he and Darcy are dating; Darcy thinks Clint’s just got a bad case of the beer goggles.
- Just Temporary, Ma’am AO3 | DW by sutlers
In which Darcy procures a fake boyfriend in order to get Jane off her tits about this “Darcy doesn’t have any friends” thing. Which is ridiculous, Darcy has over 300 friends.
- Not Your Mother’s Alma Matter LJ by smittywing
Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D., Darcy Lewis! Hope You Survive the Experience! (aka: Darcy’s Internship of Awesome) [WIP]
- Raise a Little Elf AO3 by kellifer_fic
So, it turns out Clint Barton is an elf, and Darcy is never going to let him live it down.
- Simple, Not East AO3 by LJC
Darcy should have seen it coming. She couldn’t hang around the spandex crowd forever and not end up with a great big target painted on her back eventually. She was just surprised it took Loki so long. (AU for The Avengers) [Warning: sex; Loki&Darcy friendship]
- Talking Trash and Wasting Time AO3 | LJ | DW by victoria_p
The one where all the Avengers act like Darcy is a bro and Clint is really bad at flirting.
- this is not my ninja shirt AO3 by kellifer_fic
Darcy is undercover and Clint is dubious.
- You Might Need it Someday AO3 by seren_ccd
It all started because Clint’s a whistler and Darcy has always liked 80s music. Lunch ensued.
- All things being equal, I’d rather be in Philadelphia AO3 by meinterrupted
Darcy didn’t sign on with SHIELD to be a hero. Too bad a group of bank robbers didn’t give her a choice. [Warning: violence and racist language]
- An Old Solution AO3 by listedheart
Darcy helps Steve learn about the modern world. [Warning: sex]
- courage teaches me to be shy AO3 | LJ | DW by victoria_p
In addition to a ginormous king-sized bed, Darcy’s hotel room also apparently comes equipped with its own Captain America.
- It Began With a Nap AO3 by Pervyficgirl
Five times Darcy had to sit through a Captain America lecture, five times Captain America had to sit through a Darcy lecture, and the one time they just agreed with each other.
- Rule Number Nine AO3 by DevilDoll
"Darcy was right, Steve admits to himself later that day. He never has a date for anything." In which Steve and Darcy go on Not Dates and more. [Warning: explicit sexual content]
- Spoiler Alert AO3 by starrika
Darcy Lewis has been nominated by Agent Coulson to bring Steve Rogers up to date on what he missed in the last seventy years. iPods, Cubs jokes, and Slurpees are pretty swell. Falling in love with one of the spandex crew isn’t. Begins pre-movie.
- Sweet on You AO3 by myadimentiumheart
Darcy’s got a secret admirer who’s sweet as pie, and they’ve been leaving her valentines.
- Turn Off Trouble Like You Turn Off a Light AO3 by blithers
"Oh, God," he said, and she knew just enough about Captain America to find this a pretty strongly worded statement on the situation. [WIP]
- you and your high top sneakers and your sailor tattoos AO3 | LJ | DW by victoria_p
In which Darcy Lewis punches Captain America’s v-card. Yeah, she can’t believe it either. [Warning: sex]
- 7A WF 83429 AO3 | LJ | DW by victoria_p
In the box where it says, “If you do not have a significant other at the time of the biochemical event, to whom do you grant consent to have sex with you should circumstances require it?” Darcy writes, “Captain America.” Because that’s a thing that’s ever going to happen. [Warning: sexual content]
- Scavenger Hunting Is Extremely Likely Dangerous (S.H.I.E.L.D.) AO3 by amathela (Zhailei)
Nobody ever owns up to starting the scavenger hunt, but given that the first item is “procure fully weaponised robot armour,” it’s a safe bet that Tony’s the one to blame. [Darct/Sif]
- find the time to find the words AO3 by ashcheche
There’s a snort, and Darcy can’t tell if it’s schadenfreude or laughter, but either way, pretty cool, because she made the Black Widow amused. Now she has to figure out how to do it without stripping her stomach lining. [Darcy/Natasha]
- Her Story, and Everyone Else’s AO3 by sithwitch13
In which Darcy Lewis works for SHIELD, dates Spider-man and his issues, is roommates with Jessica Jones and her issues, befriends the Avengers she hasn’t met yet, and generally manipulates the situation around her to better suit her expectations. Because that’s how she rolls. [Darcy/Peter Parker]
- The Big Scary Unknown AO3 by sithwitch13
In which life as a SHIELD liaison isn’t a James Bond-esque fantasy, being an adult sucks, and friends are valued. [Darcy/Peter Parker; sequel to Her Story, and Everyone Else’s; WIP]
- Things That Shine AO3 by coffeebuddha
Darcy was seven the first time she fell in love. The second time it happens, she’s twenty-five, hung over as all get out, and has a real chance of getting shot, which is actually more alarming than the giant green guy who’s holding her hostage. [Darcy/Bruce]
- Custom & Costume AO3 by websandwhiskers
Darcy had a roommate in sophomore year who loved What Not to Wear. Darcy, on the other hand, felt that show was pretty much the embodiment of everything wrong with the human race. [Part 2 of The Proper Care and Feeding of Indefinable Things]
- Don’t You Know There’s No Modern Romance AO3 | LJ | DW by waketosleep
Darcy conquers the New York state of mind, the SHIELD phone system, and which forms to fill out for a license to kill. Adult relationships, those are trickier. [Darcy&Natasha&Maria friendship, Darcy/Clint; Part 3 of Bad Boys Ravish Only Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly]
- Simply indispensable AO3 by spockside
In which bullies from Darcy’s school days take up where they left off, unaware of the team that now has her back.
- saved until last AO3 | LJ by Mira_Jade
"I believe that you owed my grandmother a dance, soldier." When a figure straight from Peggy Carter’s bedtime stories shows up, Darcy Lewis has no choice but to see the tale concluded. [Darcy & Steve friendship; Clint/Darcy]
- Simple, Not East AO3 by LJC
Darcy should have seen it coming. She couldn’t hang around the spandex crowd forever and not end up with a great big target painted on her back eventually. She was just surprised it took Loki so long. (AU for The Avengers) [Warning: sex; Loki&Darcy friendship; Clint/Darcy]
- unexpected every time AO3 | LJ by hariboo
Five times Darcy catches Sif and Loki in flagrante. Post film, future fic.
- Shibboleth AO3 | LJ | DW by victoria_p (musefool)
"Nightwing?" Clint scoffs. "That guy’s not real." [Avengers/Batman crossover]
- He Ain’t Heavy (He’s Our Villain) AO3 by goodboots
In which Thor is foolishly loyal, Darcy still wants her iPod back, and Loki redeems himself, or something. [Loki&Darcy friendship; Jane/Thor, Sif/Loki, Clint/Darcy]
- 64 Colors AO3 | LJ | DW by victoria_p
Darcy’s life is weird, but she kind of likes it.
- On Livejournal: Darcy Lewis on halfamoon, trickstertaser [Loki/Darcy], darcy-loki, taserlove [Clint/Darcy], brucedarcy, thor_het, norsekink, needmyhammer, avengersblend, avengerskink, avengers-bang [Avengers Big Bang], LET’S AVENGE SOME SHIT! [Avengers comment meme], dennings-daily, het_bigbang, het-reccers [Darcy/Bruce, Darcy/Clint, Darcy/Loki, Darcy/Fury, Darcy/Phil, Darcy/Steve]
Updated as of 1/22/2013